Dive in to our Business Podcasts
The Bean Ninjas Podcast takes listeners behind the scenes and deep inside the company. Discover insights on how they’re growing a global ‘bookkeeping and financial reporting’ business.
Check out the latest episode
89. The State of Amazon FBA, Shopify & Ecommerce in 2020 with A2X's Paul Grey
7 days ago
18 March, 2020
88. Why Bean Ninjas Created an Education Business Unit with Meryl Johnston & Anfernee Chansamooth
11 March, 2020
87. Taking Control of Your Business Finances with Mel Telecican & Natalie Alaimo - Xero Bookkeeping Course Case Studies
26 February, 2020
85. How to Sell Online Products Through Content and Affiliate Marketing with Matt Wolfe
19 February, 2020
84. Unlocking cash flow through automation and apps with Twyla Verhelst
Unlocking cash flow through automation and apps with Twyla Verhelst
12 February, 2020
83. 3 steps to making more money from your existing visitors & leads with John Ainsworth
3 steps to making more money from your existing visitors and leads with John Ainsworth
5 February, 2020
82. From Online Success to Award-winning Craft Beer With Dan Norris
Interested in transitioning from your current business and making an investment the right way? Read on as Dan Norris walks us through the obstacles he faced.
29 January, 2020
81. Get Started with Google and FB Ads with Ilana Wechsler
Want to increase your leads and sales with online ads, but not sure where to start? Meet Ilana Wechsler and learn all about pay per click advertising.
22 January, 2020
80. Tips on Selling, Community, and Advocacy with Patrick Manosca of Xero
Patrick Manosca started in public accounting and saw an opportunity for software as a tool to help firms become more efficient and profitable. He then went to work for that same software company implementing tools and best practices to take firms paperless and more profitable. Now Patrick is at Xero; working with enterprise firms to implement online accounting software.
15 January, 2020
79. How to Go From $0 to $33K in 6 Months With a Productized Service Business, Featuring Jake Jorgovan
How to go from $0 to $33K in six months with a productized service business, featuring Jake Jorgovan
6 January, 2020
78. The Ultimate Video Content Strategy to Increase Your Influence and Income Online With Tyler Basu
Learn about the different types of video content marketing and how, with the right strategy, your business can grow exponentially
18 December, 2019
77. How B Corps Can Help You Live and Work with Purpose and Meaning, featuring Tim Jones
How B Corps Can Help You Live and Work with Purpose and Meaning, featuring Tim Jones
11 December, 2019
76. Doing Business in China with Chinese Business Expert Jons Slemmer
Interested in doing business in China? Tune in as business expert Jons Slemmers takes us over the Great Firewall and then guides us through the forest of the Chinese digital ecosystem.
4 December, 2019
75. How to Use Virtual Summits to Grow Your Business With Bailey Richert
Want to grow your business using virtual summits? Bailey Richert shares her expert tips.
27 November, 2019
74. Selling through Social Media with Kelly Roach
Want to be effective with selling through social media? Follow these tips.
20 November, 2019
73. How to Ditch Your Job and Work for Yourself With Robert Gerrish
Anxious about starting your own business? Learn about the benefits of working for yourself from author Robert Gerrish.
13 November, 2019
72. Scaling your business: Hiring Key Roles with Barbara Turley
How to find an ideal employee? Listen in as Meryl Johnston and Barbara Turley discuss finding high-quality workers.
6 November, 2019
71. Agile sprints, Metrics, Onboarding and Sales for Scaling Businesses with Barbara Turley
Wondering how Agile sprints might be useful for scaling your business? Learn from someone who’s doing it.
30 October, 2019
70. Ish: The Problem with our Pursuit for Perfection and the Life-Changing Practice of Good Enough with Lynne Cazaly
Do you struggle with perfectionism? Author and keynote speaker Lynne Cazaly shares some insights around the disease called perfection.
23 October, 2019
69. Key Metrics Every Agency Should Be Tracking & Why They Matter with Scott Gellatly
Scott Gellatly of Scale My Empire shares the metrics that actually matter for scaling your agency business.
16 October, 2019
68. Lessons from our 1st year as business partners with Wayne Richard and Meryl Johnston of Bean Ninjas
Discover what makes a business partnership successful: Wayne Richard shares what he came to learn in his 1st year of running Bean Ninjas alongside Meryl.
9 October, 2019
67. How to Build a 7-figure E-commerce Business With Andrew Youderian
Do you dream about hitting 7-Figures with your eCommerce business? Andrew Youderian shares his lessons from building and selling multiple e-commerce businesses. >> Listen now.
2 October, 2019
66. How to Create a Brand Identity & Stand Out From Your Competition With Franziska Iseli
Ready to stand out from your competition? Meet Franziska Iseli.
25 September, 2019
65. How to Launch a Side Hustle With Your Employer's Support with Kate Walsh Rose
Want to gain your employer’s support to start a new business? Here’s how Kate Walsh Rose did it.
18 September, 2019
64. How to Work from Anywhere with Andy Willis
Dreaming about working from anywhere? Andy Willis found a way to work from the French Alps a few weeks a year. Now you can learn how to do it too.
11 September, 2019
63. Behind the scenes of managing 150 Philippines Virtual Assistants with Barbara Turley
Want to hire the best Philippines Virtual Assistants for your business?
4 September, 2019
62. Finding High-Quality Eastern European Freelancers with Noel Andrews of JobRack
Looking for high-quality freelancers? Say hi to Noel Andrews of Jobrack.
28 August, 2019
61. How to Systemise Yourself Out of Your Business With David Jenyns
David Jenyns fired himself from his business, then tripled his bottom line. Here’s how he did it.
15 August, 2019
60. A tactical guide to Linkedin Social selling with Brynne Tillman
Want to improve your social selling ability and generate new business on Linkedin? Meet Brynne Tillman.
13 August, 2019
59. How to use event marketing to grow your business with Catalina Alvarez from Dynamite Circle
Want to get your event marketing right? Here are some valuable insights from expert event planner Catalina Alvarez on her interview with Bean Ninjas.
31 July, 2019
58. Finding strategic partners and investors for your ecommerce business with Mike Michelini
Want to build successful e-commerce businesses? Mike Michelini shares how he’s done it on his interview with Bean Ninjas.
24 July, 2019
57. A different approach to building business systems with Justine Pattantyus
Want to learn a different approach to business systems? Meet expert Justine Pattantyus.
16 July, 2019
56. How to Achieve Financial Freedom through Business
Wondering how to achieve financial freedom through business? In Episode 56 of the Bean Ninjas Podcast, Bean Ninjas CEO Meryl Johnston tackles this common question.
10 July, 2019
55. Soft is the New Hard: How to level up your soft skills and improve business communications with Leah Mether
Learn why Soft is the new Hard from communication expert and author Leah Mether. How soft skills can help your business grow.
2 July, 2019
54. How to create a powerful personal brand with Jade Green
Wondering how to build a personal brand that opens doors, wins you clients, and attracts high-quality staff to your business? Find out in this podcast interview with Jade Green.
26 June, 2019
53. How to bring on a new business partner after your business is already running with Tommy Griffith
When and how do you bring on a new business partner? Check out how Tommy did it on his interview with Bean Ninjas.
15 June, 2019
52. How to Build Million Dollar Coaching Businesses Using Content and Frameworks with Taki Moore
12 June, 2019
51. How to become an influencer and write for major publications like Forbes with Josh Steimle
Want to become an online influencer and write for publications like Forbes? Meet Josh Steimle.
6 June, 2019
50. Scaling remote teams, working with your spouse, and US Expat Tax Services with Carrie McKeegan
Curious about scaling remote teams? Meet Carrie McKeegan, CEO of a 10-year-old, fully remote US Expat Tax Services company.
29 May, 2019
49. Preparing Your Business to Run Without You with Angela Henderson
Want to prepare your business to run without you? Meet Angela Henderson. Learn how you can build a business and earn money even while you are asleep.
21 May, 2019
48. How the Merrymaker Sisters are helping 1.5 million women to live healthily, and love their bodies.
15 May, 2019
47. Xero add ons and Managing recurring payments with Heather Smith
Bean Ninjas CEO Meryl Johnston talks to cloud accounting expert Heather Smith about how you can automate your business through Xero add ons.
24 April, 2019
44. How to create an online course that's profitable with Paul Thomson
Wondering how to create an online course successfully? Course expert Paul Thomson shares what it takes to create, launch and promote an online course.
17 April, 2019
43. From Accounting to Software as a Service with Jason Atkins
Want cool software as a service examples? Here's how Jason Atkins went from accounting to building his software as a service (SaaS) business Cake Equity.
10 April, 2019
42. Tapping Into Intuitive Leadership for Increased Productivity and Focus
Want to increase productivity and focus at work? It's time to harness your intuitive leadership! Intuitive coach Michaela Light shares her tips.
27 March, 2019
40. Product Development Process Week 4: Deep Work and Practicing Patience
Want some deep work tips so that you can focus without distraction? Meryl and Wayne share their productivity insights in this week's podcast.
20 March, 2019
39. Product Development Process Week 3: The Behind the Scenes of 2 Product Launches
Want to learn from our new product launch strategy? This week Meryl Johnston and Wayne Richard share lessons, challenges and wins from launching 2 products.
13 March, 2019
38. Product Development Process Week 2: The Behind the Scenes of 2 Product Launches
Want to go behind the scenes of our product launches? This is part 2 of our 5-part behind-the-scenes product development podcast series.
6 March, 2019
37. Product Development Process Week 1: The Behind the Scenes of 2 Product Launches
Want to go behind the scenes of an actual product development process? This is the first of our Product Development Process series. Meryl Johnston and Wayne Richard go behind the scenes of 2 Bean Ninjas product launches - a new Xero Foundations online course, and a Virtual CFO offering for small business.
27 February, 2019
36. Productized Services and Why You Should Bootstrap with Brian Casel
Curious about Productized Services and how to make them successful? This week we talk to Brian Casel of Audience Ops, a successful productize content service.
20 February, 2019
35. Systematize: How To Build A Business That Can Run Without You
Struggling to free yourself up from day-to-day operations? This week Bean Ninjas founder Meryl Johnston shares her thoughts and tips on how To Build A Business That Can Run Without You.
13 February, 2019
34. From Entrepreneur to Intrapreneur: How & Why Anfernee Chansamooth joined Bean Ninjas
When does it it make sense to go from Entrepreneur to Intrapreneur? Meryl interviews Bean Ninjas' new marketing coordinator Anfernee Chansamooth about his process of joining the team. We also discuss the prospective employer's perspective, and the risks they need to be aware of when recruiting entrepreneurs and how to mitigate those risks.
6 February, 2019
33. Startup Books - Meryl’s Recommendations
Meryl chats about her favourite books and how they have helped shaped her thinking in business and in life
30 January, 2019
32. Building & Managing Multi Location Businesses: Q&A with Meryl Johnston
Meryl chats about some common questions she gets asked about Bean Ninjas and business in general.
23 January, 2019
31. All things crypto - Interview with Kevin Basham
We sit down with Kevin Basham from the Crypto Pulse podcast to discuss the latest news and trends going on in the world of blockchain and crypto and how you can benefit.
16 January, 2019
30. Turning Your Side Hustle into a Full-Time Job - Christopher Silvestri
We sit down with Christopher Silvestri, a SaaS Copywriter & Sales Messaging Engineer, who turned his side hustle into a successful business.
9 January, 2019
29. Dominating a Niche - Interview with Brigit Esselmont
Brigit joins us to discuss the importance of focusing on a niche, as well as her recent book launch.
2 January, 2019
28. How to buy a business - Interview with Jennifer Anderson
Jennifer Anderson was sponsored by Bean Ninjas to attend the Dynamite Circle Austin conference. We sit down and chat about her recent experience of acquiring a business.
26 December, 2018
27. What you need to know about Intellectual Property – Interview with Sarah Kornblet
In this episode, learn how to protect your business and your brand with Sarah from Destination Legal.
19 December, 2018
26. Leadership and communication from management
In this solo episode, Meryl discusses her thoughts on leadership and communication from management as well as taking some listener questions.
12 December, 2018
25. Operating at your Peak Persona - Interview with Aaron Birkby
Aaron Birkby discusses the Peak Persona program and some techniques to help you be the most effective, productive human that you can be
5 December, 2018
24. Sales Tax Tips from a US Accountant - Interview with Mario Lucibello
Mario Lucibello joins us to discuss important aspects of US sales tax that could apply to your business and how to plan for tax to save your business money.
28 November, 2018
23. Time Management Lessons from Bean Ninja CEO
In this solo episode Meryl talks through some ideas around leadership and time management she has found useful whilst growing Bean Ninjas
21 November, 2018
22. Scaling a service business - Interview with Mandi Ellefson
Mandi, from the Hands Off CEO discusses how to scale a service business and the challenges and problems you should consider
14 November, 2018
21. DCBKK Wrap up with Wayne & Michael
Bean Ninjas, Wayne Richard and Michael Wark, share their learnings from this years iconic DCBKK event.
7 November, 2018
20. Building a business that works for you - Interview with Paul Higgins
In Episode 20, Paul Higgins, the founder and head coach at Build Live Give Community, talks about tips and tricks on transitioning from corporate work to managing our own business.
31 October, 2018
19. Cyber Security - Interview with David Ruddick
In Episode 19, David Ruddick, a cyber security expert, as we talk about the guidelines every business needs to protect themselves from technology risks and problems.
24 October, 2018
18. Regrets of the Dying - The Importance of Family & Friends
A solo epidode by Meryl, who reflects on the last month, including how she finds perspectiive in life when making decisions about work vs family time
17 October, 2018
17. A Week in the life of a CEO - Interview with Meryl Johnston
Meryl talks through what a week at CEO of Bean Ninjas is like, including the problems and challenges that are faced.
17 October, 2018
16. Xerocon Recap
How to maximize the benefits to your business from attending conferences.
10 October, 2018
15. Becoming a remote worker - Interview with Michael Wark
From Office Job to Working From Home; What One Bean Ninjas Remote Employee Has Learned Along the Way
3 October, 2018
14. Building Systemized Business Processes
How to build processes that will systemize your business and bring ultimate efficiency
26 September, 2018
13. Mindfulness and Yoga at Bean Ninjas
Mindfulness and Yoga; how it helps this bookkeeping company centered and positive.
19 September, 2018
12. Being a training organisation and what it means to be a great trainer
Being a training organisation and what it means to be a good coach / trainer
12 September, 2018
11. Launching in the U.S. - Interview with Wayne Richard
Launching in U.S. (interview with Wayne).
29 August, 2018
9. Investing in Bean Ninjas - Interview with Simon Pilkington
A first-time investor reveals how he found his ideal first startup investment opportunity
22 August, 2018
8. Startup Accounting - Part 2 - The Advice Nobody Else is Giving Startups About Money
Startup Accounting is the one topic nobody ever talks to entrepreneurs about; but, why?
17 August, 2018
7. Startup Accounting - The Advice Nobody Else is Giving Startups About Money
Startup Accounting is the one topic nobody ever talks to entrepreneurs about; but, why?
8 August, 2018
6. The Remote Workforce: Building a Profitable Business on a Foundation of Freedom
Many companies are hiring remote team members, but are they making it profitable and reducing employee attrition? Bean Ninjas is! Find out how.
27 July, 2018
4. 3 Years of Bean Ninjas - A Reflection
What We’ve Learned After 3 Years of Building an International Business
20 July, 2018
3. The Breakup - Weathering the Departure of a Founding Team Member
How Bean Ninjas Weathered the Departure of a Founding Team Member
20 July, 2018
2. The Journey to $100k
How Bean Ninjas reached their first$100k in revenue in just 8 months.