The information we collect
- Information you provide us directly to us includes:
- Signing up for the Bean Ninjas’ Newsletter:
- Sending us a message through the Contact Us form:
name, email address, your message
- Contacting us for a Xero setup/conversion/healthcheck/roadmapping:
name, email, phone number, personal message, business name
- Purchasing a road mapping session or booking a consultation call:
name, email, business name, credit card details
- Pop up:
name, email address
- Signing up for the Bean Ninjas’ Newsletter:
- Information automatically collected includes:
- Website usage details and information collected through cookies
- Location details, however this is an approximate location and not the real location of the user. It is on a city-based level, so is not PII.
What information is considered personal information
Your personal information is the information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from the data and other information that we have.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you about our service: We use the information you provide us to send you a newsletter (if opted in for this newsletter) and to reply to queries submitted by you through our website.
- With the information submitted in “The information we collect” section above, we use the information to further process you as a client should you want to work with Bean Ninjas.
- Analytics data is collected, however does not contain any personal identifiable information. We do not collect IP addresses.
Legal bases for processing information
For website users that are citizens of the European Union, Bean Ninjas processes your information in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR governs how Bean Ninjas may process your information, and the rights that EU citizens and residents have in relation to it. This means that Bean Ninjas will collect and use your information only where:
- You consent to us using your information in a certain way.
- We need it to fulfill our obligations to you under our Terms of Service.
- It is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
If you have consented to our use of your information you may withdraw that consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent by contacting us here. We will delete all personal information stored in the webpage and all other third party systems used. For the third party systems used, we will follow the GDPR compliance guidelines of that system. We will let you know when we have deleted all your information.
Who has access to your personal information
Only those with access to the website admin dashboard have access to your personal information. This includes people working for Bean Ninjas.
Sharing your Information
We will not sell your information to third parties ever.
Where is your data stored
- Onboarding and contact forms are stored within the website database.
- Payment details are stored in Stripe. Credit card details are never saved on our servers and are encrypted and securely sent (via HTTP) to Stripe and are stored there. We never have access to those details.
- Newsletter signups are stored in Drip.
- Data may also be shared on other third party systems – please see “Who we may share your information with”.
Who we may share your information with
Some of the third parties that Bean Ninjas may share your personal information with include providers who assist Bean Ninjas with functions such as:
- Billing through the website
- Customer support and customer management
- Providing a newsletter
- Email services
- Internal communication
- Hosting and Storage
- Blog comments
How we transfer, store and protect your data
Your information collected through our website may be stored and processed in Australia, United States or EU or any other country in which Bean Ninjas or third parties contracted by Bean Ninjas operate. Bean Ninjas may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. As a result, we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country that does not have the same data protection laws as your country, and you consent to the transfer of information to Australia, United States or any other country in which Bean Ninjas operates.
For users that are citizens of the European Union, where we transfer your information to a third party provider that is not located in the European Union, we will require those third party providers to enter into an agreement that provides appropriate safeguards for your information.
You control your account information and settings
You can also stop receiving newsletter communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. Unsubscription happens automatically after clicking on the link.
Rights in respect of your Information
The laws of some countries grant particular rights in respect of personal information. Users in those jurisdictions may have the right to:
- Request a copy of your information;
- Request that we correct inaccuracies relating to your information;
- Request that your information be deleted or that we restrict access to it;
- Request a structured electronic version of your information; and
- Object to our use of your information;
Should you wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contacting us here. We aim to reply within 48 hours from when the message was sent.
How long we keep your User Content
Following un-subscription of the newsletter, not becoming a client of Bean Ninjas after sending an enquiry, or receipt of any contract from entries, Bean Ninjas may retain your personal information for one year, and for as long as we have a valid purpose to do so.
How to contact us