We’re excited to announce the launch of Bean Ninjas today!
Bean Ninjas is an online bookkeeping service for startups and small business. Co-founders Ben and Meryl have worked in and owned traditional accounting firms. We created Bean Ninjas to address some of the common complaints about traditional accounting models:
- Support – We’ve found that bootstrapping entrepreneurs often try to do their own bookkeeping to keep their costs low, but sometimes they have questions and need a quick explanation from an accountant. For example, ‘I’ve used $5,000 of my own money to pay for startup costs, how should I account for this?’
- Accessibility – Once a business has sufficient sales to justify the cost of a bookkeeper, there needs to be regular communication between the business owner and bookkeeper. Entrepreneurs are busy people and an accountant that is only available between 9-5pm isn’t much use.
- No fee surprises – most accountants still charge by the hour and won’t quote up front, which regularly leads to nasty fee surprises.
- Education – there are a huge number of rules and regulations that business owners need to be aware of. Accountants traditionally complete the compliance work but don’t educate clients throughout the process.
With Bean Ninjas we aim to address the problems above by having a global team of accountants available 24/7, affordable fixed-fee pricing and a supportive ethos where we educate clients along the way.
We’re looking for more clients to join us, so until the 31st of August 2015 we’re offering free Xero setups and conversions with all signups. If you’re interested, or you know someone who is, please get in touch.
Happy new financial year everyone!
Latest posts by Meryl Johnston (see all)
- What is a Chart of Accounts, And Why Should You Care? - 28 April, 2017
- Who Do You Need on Your Accounting Team? - 19 April, 2017
- The Future of Cloud Accounting and Financial Services - 29 September, 2016