We have an amazing opportunity for a skilled Marketing Assistant Ninja to join our team!
- Are you looking to join a fast-growing company that is a recognized leader in the accounting and bookkeeping industry?
- Are you looking for a flexible and rewarding role that will allow you to work remotely, pay you a competitive rate, and grow your skills?
- Do you have 2+ years of experience working with digital admin/creative – working on blogs, podcasts, social media and/or events?
If you answered “yes” to all of the above, then we’ve got an exciting opportunity to share with you.
We’re currently looking for a Very Awesome Marketing Assistant to join our growing team.
Now before we get into the job specifics, it’s important that you get a good sense of who we are, what we stand for, and how we like to work together…
Who are we?
Bean Ninjas is a Xero bookkeeping and financial reporting business founded on Australia’s Gold Coast in 2015. As well as providing bookkeeping services we also provide education to business owners about their bookkeeping through courses and coaching.
We are a fully distributed team.
Our big mission? To educate & support 10,000 entrepreneurs to know their numbers and make data-driven decisions in order to achieve true freedom.
All this hums due to our amazing marketing department.
We specialize in online businesses including coaches/consultants, bloggers, freelancers/agencies/ SaaS and eCommerce, and we help our amazing clients to create financial freedom through stress-free business finances.
For more details about Bean Ninjas and our values refer to the Bean Ninjas jobs page.
What’s it like being part of the Bean Ninjas team?
Bean Ninjas is a dynamic and fast paced environment. Our marketing department is the engine room of our business. The marketing team comprises of a number of talented professionals working in SEO, website design, content marketing, graphic design, blog creation, on-line marketing and podcast production.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best operators in these fields. Watch the following video (filmed at our recent team leader retreat in Queensland Australia) to get a sense of our team culture.
You’ll either be working directly with our Marketing Coordinator Carlo Sumayao and our Learning & Community Lead (and former Marketing Coordinator) Anf Chansamooth
Remote work for a dynamic growing business
- This is a remote role for a contractor. You will need to be based in one location. This role is not suitable for digital nomads that are constantly moving.
- Your hours will need to overlap with Australian Eastern Standard Time to ensure seamless communication with the team and our audience and allow tasks to be completed in real-time
- You will be working closely with team members in Australia, US and the Philippines
- There will be opportunities to work in our expanding areas of the business
Bean Ninjas are recognized as industry leaders. We are really good at what we do! In 2019, we were awarded the ultimate accolade in our field in 2019, the Xero Bookkeeping Firm of the Year Award.
Here are some specifics of the Marketing Assistant role
As our Marketing Assistant, you will be engaged in almost all areas of our marketing department. From updating SEO dashboards, engaging on socials, coordinating SWAG for events (when we start having events again), inviting guests on our podcast, planning and implementing social media calendars and the like. You will have an opportunity to excel in your role and grow and develop your skills and network.
This is a 12-15 hour per week role, with the possibility of this increasing.
You will share our Bean Ninjas values – Explore Freedom, Always Growing, and Do the right thing.
- Proactive & resourceful – completes tasks on time and without follow up, provides updates if delayed and seeks help if unsure how to complete tasks, Seeks answers from online tutorials/forums/other resources
- Reliable, careful, delivers on time, organised and exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong written and spoken English, able to write simple, friendly professional communications including emails to podcast guests, or simple social media posts.
Experience with Tools
You will use the following tools, and will have used these or be familiar with them or similar platforms.
- Project management – Notion, Slack
- Google Suite, including Google sheets
- Social media platforms/manager – Linkedin, Facebook,Twitter, Missinglettr
- Google Analytics
- Communication tools; Helpscout, Slack, Zoom, Calendly, Loom
- Drip (or mailchimp, activecampaign or similar)
- Editing tools; video editing, headliner
- Content Tools; WordPress, stock images pages, resizing pages
Marketing Assistant Skills & Responsibilities
- Coordinate guest interviews & recordings
- Daily check of podcast inbox and action/reply of items to ensure 24 hour response time
- Maintain recording, production & publishing schedules
- Liaise with podcast production company
- Promote weekly podcast in social media, GMB & Youtube
- Associated admin tasks, including thanking guests
Here’s a sample of a podcast episode to give you an idea of what you’ll help us to create:
Social Media & Email List
- Create Missinglettr campaigns for podcast & blog
- Engaging with and replying to posts (including Twitter, IG & Linked In on a daily basis, Facebook 3 x per week)
- Updating and maintaining Socials dashboard
- Drip email sequence & subscriber maintenance
- Upload and publish blog posts, doing basic SEO review and editing and adding appropriate images.
- Promotion of published blogs on social media, GMB Au & US
- Organising refreshing blog posts
- Daily check and action items in marketing inbox
- Associated admin tasks, including maintaining database of published blogs
Administrative, Sponsorship & Events
- Updating marketing SOPs and creating new SOPs when needed
- Maintain Monthly Marketing Dashboard
- Assisting with Team Face to Face retreats or meetings
- Coordinate SWAG/merchandise for events/sponsorship
- Assist with on boarding and reporting of course enrolments
How Do I Apply?
Step 1: Complete the online application form below
Step 2: Bean Ninjas review submissions and schedule the first interview
Step 3: Skills Testing – we will set a marketing task for completion
Step 4: Second interview and final decision
Step 5: Role announced
Step 6: Commence work orientation