When I started to write this post, I struggled with what to say.
This is hard.
We’re living in unprecedented times where borders are shutting down, mass gatherings are canceled, and more cities and even entire countries are going on lockdown in an effort to “flatten the curve.”
In tough and uncertain times, it is more important than ever to rally together.
I’m reminded of the Mr. Rogers quote:
“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, “Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”
That’s the approach we’re taking with the global COVID-19 pandemic.
We put together a few resources that may be helpful for many of you.
- Some of you may be working remotely for the time. Here at Bean Ninjas, we’ve been a 100% remote company from when we launched back in 2015. Here are a few tips to help you transition to a remote work culture.
Cash flow forecasting
- With more customers finding that their sales down, supply chains are affected or experiencing more cancellations than usual, this is the time to pay more attention to your cash flow forecast. Here are some tips to help with this.
- Know your numbers. In times of fear and uncertainty, it is more important than ever to pay attention to your Xero reports and make informed data-driven decisions. Here are the three financial reports that you should be looking at right now.
Additional Funding Resources
In addition for any Australian, U.K., and U.S., business owners, you may be eligible for various government loans and cash flow assistance.
We will be hosting a series of free webinars to help small business owners better understand their options with the government stimulus packages.
Click here to watch the replay of our webinar for Australian businesses. Available until Friday, April 3.
We’ll announce webinars for US and UK businesses shortly. So bookmark this page and come back for updates.
Get our online Xero bookkeeping course free (for a limited time)
Going back to the Mr. Rogers’ quotes, we want to be the helpers.
We’re also offering our DIY How to Do Your Bookkeeping in Xero course, which helps you properly set up your financial system using Xero.
So that you can get confident with your numbers and gain control of your business finances. Normally valued at $199 USD, it’s free through April 17th. Just use coupon code “GIFT” when signing up.
- Some helpful tips & resources for small businesses in an uncertain time - 19 March, 2020
- How to Avoid These 9 Common Xero Mistakes - 2 March, 2020
- A Behind the Scenes Look at Our New Profit First Consulting Program - 2 March, 2020