Want to grow your own business with the support of an established client base and leading global brand? We’re hiring!
We are looking for an experienced tax accountant to join our team and support our Australian clients.
This role will suit an entrepreneurial tax accountant who is looking to build their own business, leveraging the support of an industry leader and an established brand.
You may currently be working as an employee or you may have recently started your own business and are looking to scale up quickly.
You will initially work as a tax advisor with our cloud accounting team and clients. As our client base continues to grow, this role would evolve into an opportunity to partner with Bean Ninjas in running your own tax accounting business.
Bean Ninjas is an award-winning Xero cloud accounting services business. We offer bookkeeping, reporting, and vCFO services.
Bean Ninjas was launched in 7 days and with $1,000 using the 7-day Startup methodology on Australia’s sunny Gold Coast in 2015.
We are a fun, energetic, active, and highly driven group of individuals. It’s been 5 years since launch and we’re now at 15+ team members across Australia, the US, the UK, Europe, and the Philippines.
We recently welcomed three brand new kiddos in the Bean Ninjas family and one adorable new puppy.
Who are we?
Bean Ninjas are recognized as industry leaders. You will be working alongside Chartered Accountants and CPA’s who have come from firms such as Ernst and Young and BDO.
We were awarded Xero’s Australia Bookkeeping Partner of the Year Award in 2019 and the Queensland Bookkeeping Partner of the Year in both 2017 and 2019.
We specialize in supporting 6-figure+ eCommerce and agency businesses.
Our vision and mission:
To take the stress out of managing business finances for entrepreneurs, so they have the freedom to live happy, healthy, productive lives.
To understand more about our beginnings and vision, watch this video of our Founder and CEO Meryl Johnston:
We regularly attend speaking events and podcasts appear, as well as hosting our podcast and webinar events.
We run an active community, servicing our clients by providing timely up to date industry information.
For more details about Bean Ninjas and our values refer to the Bean Ninjas jobs page.
Why work with Bean Ninjas?
At Bean Ninjas, we provide you with the tools and environment that you need to be successful.
You won’t have to worry about marketing as we’ll bring our clients to you. That way, you can just focus on tax accounting and delivering a fantastic client experience!
We are not your typical accounting firm, so this is not your average tax accountant job.
It’s more of a partnership opportunity – and it’s ideal for someone who is excited by learning from and contributing to a company that’s leading the way in the world of accounting for eCommerce and agencies.
More about the opportunity:
- This is not a traditional 9 to 5 accounting job in a typical accounting firm.
- We’re a modern practise – 100% cloud, Xero bookkeeping firm of the year, and we’re using the best online tools to connect with team and clients globally.
- 100% remote so you can choose where you work. That could be from home during busy tax season, and somewhere in Bali, Spain, or Mexico in less active seasons.
- Work with industries that are fast-growing – eCommerce and agencies. We’re already immersed and invested in these industries so that you can focus on these growth areas.
- We’ll train you in accounting for eCommerce and agencies using our unique IP and training resources.
- Access to our internal sales and marketing expertise – get help with public speaking, optimizing your Linkedin profile, onboarding, customer experience, and sales. We’ve got all these in place to support you.
What’s it like being part of the Bean Ninjas team?
Here’s what some of our team members have shared about their Bean Ninjas experience:
Read more team member reviews on GlassDoor
We believe in developing our team and promoting internally, which is why we want a tax expert to join the ranks, before establishing their own partner business.
We have an established client base who would benefit from proactive tax advice in addition to our bookkeeping, reporting and vCFO services.
You will go through a mentoring program to equip you to become a Product Partner and grow the tax business.
You will be mentored by our CEO Meryl Johnston to coach you on your journey to owning your own business.
Below is our team culture video, filmed at our last team retreat.
(Assuming that all goes well with you as a key member of our team, you’ll be invited to our next leadership retreat too!)
Becoming a Bean Ninjas Product Partner will provide you with the freedom to set up your own business with the support and client base of an existing brand and client base.
Initially, you will work closely with the team, operating as an in-house team member, learning the ninja ropes, before branching out into a Partner arrangement, where you are able to grow your client base and business beyond the Bean Ninjas doors.
Examples of Successful Product Partners at Bean Ninjas
AGENCY VCFO PARTNER – MICHAEL WARK
An example of a successful product partner is Michael Wark, who came to us an Accountant from a major firm, before cycling through our Cloud Accounting Services and Sales teams, as well as being key in several systems and marketing projects.
Michael is now a virtual CFO for Digital Agencies, offering financial coaching services to Bean Ninjas clients and wider customer base.
BEAN NINJAS EQUITY PARTNER – WAYNE RICHARD
Similarly, COO, Wayne Richard, became Partner in 2018, after commencing his Bean Ninjas career as a Cloud Accountant and Sales team member.
Wayne quickly moved through the ranks to become Manager and then Director of Global Operations. Wayne is an e-commerce cloud accounting expert and has appeared and hosted many key industry podcasts.
Wayne is responsible for the impressive growth of our US business and is a well-known expert in the eCommerce space, having recently published the state of the industry eCommerce Recession Impact 2020 Report.
What we’re looking for:
Excitement about the opportunity
- You’re looking to build your own business, leveraging the support of an industry leader and established global brand.
- You’re excited to initially join our team as a tax accountant supporting our cloud accounting team and clients. Then as our client base continues to grow, this role would evolve into an opportunity to partner with Bean Ninjas running your own tax accounting business.
Flexible and remote role
This is a part-time remote role and you will have some flexibility in choosing your regular work hours. You can also decide whether you’d like to work from a co-working space or from home.
Tax Accounting delivery
- You have worked for an Australian accounting firm for approximately 5-10 years as a tax accountant
- We’re looking for someone with both strong technical skills and excellent communication skills
- We take a proactive approach to accounting and would like our tax business to run in the same manner, for example with scheduled tax planning meetings
- You’ve worked with an offshore team before
- You’re flexible with timezones as we are a global team.
- You’ve worked with eCommerce or agencies before, or have experience in those niches.
How Do I Apply?
Step 1: Complete the online application form below
We will be reviewing applications along the way and if we find someone who is the right fit first we’ll go with them.
Step 2: Record a 2-minute loom video discussing why you think you are a great fit (this is not an exercise in video editing it is just to get a sense of who you are).
Step 3: Bean Ninjas review submissions and schedule the first interview
Step 4: Second interview
Step 5: Test project together
Step 6: Tax Accountant role announced
Step 7: Commence work orientation