Maropost, formerly known as Neto, is an Australian based all in one eCommerce platform. It is the first of its kind to combine the shopping cart functionality with inventory management. This cloud based retail management platform lets retailers sell products through various channels, including online and offline using an optional POS module.
This software works well for small to mid-sized retailers, wholesalers, and marketplace sellers. It supports multi-channel purchasing, shipping labeling, payments, inventory management, and order management and fulfillment.
Integrating Xero with Maropost will help you optimize your finances and accounting. By integrating Xero and Maropost, your data will automatically transfer to your Xero accounting platform with real-time syncing of information you need—payments, orders, tax rates, and more.
In this post, we’re taking a closer look at Maropost Commerce as well as the simplest ways to integrate it with Xero.
What is Maropost Commerce?
Maropost Commerce offers an all-in-one cloud-based eCommerce platform for wholesalers and multi-channel retailers.
Their approach allows users to streamline their technology and tech stack while providing a comprehensive platform to handle inventory management, order management, point of sale, and fulfillment across various channels.
By offering Commerce Cloud and Marketing Cloud, eCommerce businesses can receive multi-channel marketing automation with one end-to-end eCommerce platform solution. This combination also supports retailers and wholesalers who are trying to continue to grow their business without needing to change platforms as they scale.
For example, the Marketing Cloud allows companies to market across multiple key areas, including:
- SMS messages
- Automated push notifications
- Personalized email marketing with segmentation and scheduling capabilities
- Integrations with different social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for lead generation and building followers
- Dynamic landing pages for a more personalized customer experience
- Data tracking and segmentation of website and mobile activity to help improve customer relationships
The Commerce Cloud provides companies with a complete, all-in-one solution to handle their online store, order management, payments, inventory management, point of sale, shipping labeling, and more. Having a single back-office solution can help streamline their business and reduce the amount of technology needed.
Who uses Maropost?
Maropost Commerce Cloud can help retailers and wholesalers scale their businesses. This service fits companies looking to automate, streamline their tech stack, and who currently use or want to expand into multiple channels, such as having a website, eBay stores, Amazon, and more.
Small to mid-sized online companies can benefit from Maropost Commerce Cloud. Additionally, it can be used for various eCommerce products, such as fashion and apparel, books and stationery, sporting goods, and more.
Why should you integrate Maropost and Xero?
When you’re running an online eCommerce business, you can save yourself time and reduce manual errors by automating your account management data entry. Additionally, this approach allows companies to optimize their accounting and bookkeeping.
There are multiple benefits of connecting Xero cloud accounting software with Maropost Commerce, including:
- Saving time through automating data entry tasks
- Reducing data entry errors by removing manual data entry
- Accessing information when they need it from various devices, including mobile and desktop computers
- Removing the need for duplicate data entry
- Batching invoices automatically for businesses that have more than 100 invoices a day, including splitting income by account
Additionally, eCommerce companies can be confident that their accounting and bookkeeping are organized, accurate, and up to date. Businesses can also further extend the functionality of the Xero and Maropost integration by using it with Maropost Inventory.
The integration allows companies to sync orders, inventory, invoices, payments, suppliers, and customers.
When Maropost and Xero are integrated, companies can send the following data from Maropost Commerce to Xero:
- Purchase orders
- Credit notes
The data that is integrated from Xero to Maropost Commerce includes:
- Tax rates
How to integrate Maropost Commerce and Xero
There are many ways to integrate Maropost Commerce and Xero. We’re taking a closer look at the pros and cons of the most common integrations.
Maropost Default Integration
Maropost Commerce offers its own integration with Xero.
To set up the integration, you’ll need to connect your Maropost Commerce account to Xero to share your accounting and bookkeeping data seamlessly between the two programs.
The app is available on the Maropost Commerce Cloud Store.
1. To get started, you’ll need to click the Install Add-on blue button. A window pops up to let you log in to your account. You can also create a new account if needed.
2. You’ll then go to the Add New Integration page to set up the general settings that fit your business’s needs. For example, you can select the Integration Start Date, choose when Maropost Commerce sends invoices to Xero, and more. Finally, you’ll click the Continue button when you’ve set your options.
You also can choose whether you want to batch invoices during this stage. Maropost Commerce recommends businesses batch invoices if they process more than 30 invoices a day. Batching will help you avoid exceeding Xero’s transaction limits.
3. The next step connects your Xero account to Maropost Commerce. You’ll need to click the green Connect to Xero button.
4. You’ll then need to click the green Click Here to Generate Your Xero Token button.
5. At this point, you’ll be prompted to log in to Xero if you’re not already. Then, you’ll need to click the Allow Access button.
6. You’ll automatically return to Maropost Commerce while your Xero information is downloaded.
7. Once the information download is completed, you’ll be prompted to complete the configuration of Xero by clicking a green button.
8. Lastly, you’ll be able to map your Xero accounts to your Maropost Commerce accounts. When you’re done, you’ll click Save to finish the integration.
While Maropost has this default integration, there are a lot of limitations, especially if you are an eCommerce business doing significant sales volume. That’s why looking at third-party integrations might be beneficial.
Crossbeam is our third-party SaaS app that we built that simplifies the process of integrating Marpopost and Xero.
Pro Tip; Want to get a behind-the-scenes view of Crossbeam’s origin story? Listen to this podcast episode with Meryl and Matt.
After helping dozens of customers with their accounting, we noticed a lot of gaps and inefficiencies in the Maropost <> Xero workflow, including:
- Delayed reporting
- Inaccurate GST and sales tax reporting
- Manual workarounds for batch payments by sales method
This was not only creating additional work for our team, but it also meant that Maropost customers were forced to make big business decisions – like around hiring, inventory purchases, and funding – with incomplete financial data.
Interested in learning more? Learn more about Crossbeam here.
You can use Zapier to integrate Xero with your Maropost account, which can be useful if you already use Zapier to automate other business functions. Zapier allows you to select and customize the triggers you want to use for your business, and it doesn’t require coding experience.
You also can select pre-made templates to integrate Xero with Maropost. For example, one popular preset workflow is creating Xero invoices from your new Maropost orders.
To connect Maropost and Xero using Zapier, you’ll need to sign in and authenticate Maropost and Xero.
You’ll pick the app you want to be selected as the trigger to start your automation process.
Then, you’ll select the resulting action you want the other app to do based on the trigger.
Next, you’ll select the data you would like to send from one app to the other.
Please note that the zapier integration creates detailed invoices in Xero, which may not be a viable option for a high volume order eCommerce business.
Integrating Maropost Commerce with Xero can save time and reduce errors. You’ll be able to send your sales transactions automatically to Xero, allowing for easy payment reconciliation. Plus, you’ll have an accurate view of your business’s cash flow since your sales data will always be up-to-date.
Looking for additional information on the pros and cons for the different ways to integrate Maropost and Xero? We can help. Schedule a free call with a Bean Ninjas team member today